Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Begin



How lovely is your dwelling place, O Lord of Hosts! My soul longs, yes, faints for the courts of the Lord; my heart and flesh sing for joy to the living God. Even the sparrow finds a home, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may lay her young, at your alters, O Lord of hosts, my King and my God. Blessed are those who dwell in your house, ever singing your praise! Ps. 84:1-4




1 - 2 - 3 - GO

Write! There it is, the first word of my song. Anyone who has written anything knows what a step that is. Even now, my hands tremble a bit as I FINALLY begin what I feel I was told to do a long. long. long. time ago. I could fill an entire post with why I waited until now but instead, I will rejoice that the first hurdle has been crossed and I have begun! Yes, there have been false starts, and good starts that hit bumps and failed to continue on, but this time I have faith that the One who called me will continue to carry me on this journey I've begun. If I could tell you where it will go I would, but alas, as with many of our journeys, all that is in view is the next step. So we hold our breath, maybe squeeze our eyes closed, and put one step forward. All I know right now is that God put words in me and told me to WRITE. I've started before and was promptly knocked on my rear, effectively ending that journey before it even left the driveway. (more on that later) This time will be different. This time I will write, even when it hurts, even when my mind is screaming that the words are not important- because this time, I will listen to my spirit when it calls to me to write- because someone needs to hear. This time I will sing in the midst of the storm; for myself- to keep my mind on things above, for you- in case you are struggling through that same storm, for God- that He may be glorified in all I do. He spreads His wings so that even the little sparrow may come to Him to find shelter and a place of peace. I will choose to rest there as I quietly begin to trill the beginning of my song. What about you- is there also a song longing to burst from you? Will you join me?

1 - 2 - 3 - GO

1 comment: